Home

June 23, 2011

Snap me!

Or..."take my photo." Here are some snap shots from the past three weeks.








Curious children who stopped by my office.




Almost stepped on this guy walking through a rice field. (about 6 inches long!)

Visiting the women's center in the village next to Njala, this new friend wanted me to "snap her." The center teaches women to sew, giving them a skill and a way to earn an income.


This sweet girl lives in Bonganema, a village about a mile away. We were taking a break from witnessing PPR vaccinations of goats.



Lexi loves entertaining the kiddos.



A little friend who held my hand the entire tour of Bonganema.




Friends!



This little man was on his way to help in the rice fields.



Laundry day.





This is Lexi's "I'm a white person in Africa and kids love taking photos with me," picture. I hope to have one soon!



A digital camera is an instant hit.



Chelsea (left) is a vet student at Iowa State and was at Njala for a week working on rabies. Our friend Justina (right) showed us a village nearby.




I just adore baby Asi.



As I was talking to the farmer at Mano, she was taunting me with her delicious mango.





Friends: Betty, Mohamed and Monjama.






There is a primary school nearby, so one day I said hello to a student as I was walking to work. I quickly had a following of giggling school kids.




"The Arc" restaurant. Lexi and I always eat outside in a hut.





My first pineapple! I bought it using Mende from a tiny old lady. It's pineapple season here and this one cost 50 cents!



Karim.





I briefly visited Bo and thoroughly enjoyed the mini supermarket with air conditioning. There is nothing like this at Njala...



Monjama and I on a walk. (K-S-U)!!!





Walking to a rice field.



All babies are carried this way!




Hope you enjoyed a few snaps of my life!




Joyful Journeys,




Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...